Saturday, September 26, 2015

Chicken Turnip Soup

With cold season creeping on us after summer, you know Sanaz soups are coming to town 
wink emoticon this one is with getting ideas from my neighbor and my mom. Remember, I hate recipes, I like to take the idea and make it to my own taste. So should you if you hate recipes. Here is what I did:
Ingredients (add subtract by your taste) 
2-3 chicken breasts 
1 large onion 
4 carrots 
2 tomatoes 
4 turnips 
1 potato
1 can cannelloni bean
1 cup of noodles of choice - I put thin long soup noodles
Salt and pepper and herbs to taste 
Lemon and Persian sour barberries (zereshk) as desired 
*NOTE: I use as much organic and BPA free products as I can 
Prepare Two pots
Pot #1: chicken, herbs, and onion chopped with one to two cups of water
Pot #2: pick a bigger pot. Chop and add everything else (except for beans and noodles) boil with 2 cups of water 
Let them boil well. Chicken will cook faster. So keep an eye on that.
When chicken is cooked (inside isn't pink) take out and cut into small pieces (if it's what you like) as well as the onion.
Add it to the other pot where vegetables are. Make sure you add the water because that's your chicken broth.
Add the beans as well.
Once all vegetables are cooked (turnip, carrots and potatoes turns soft when cooked) add the noodles until noddles turn soft as well. You can add the juice of a lime or lemon and Persian sour barberries for taste of you like sour. 
You're done. Make sure you share it if it taste good so people stay healthy in the season change time.